Organization is an important part of having a incident free move. Based on our experience we have composed a list of moving tips to help assist you in the planning of your move.read more
The crucial factor to an easy move is organization. Driven by our years of experience, our company has compiled this selection of moving tips. These tips on moving are helpful hints and useful ways to assist you in organizing and planning your next move.
4 Weeks Before the Move
- Call TCWRC Moving Company Ohio to schedule your move and set up the services that you may require.
- Tour your property and determine which items, if any, could be discarded, sold or donated.
3 Weeks Before the Move
- Arrange to get appliances serviced prior to moving them.
- Movers cannot transport aerosols, flammables, corrosives or ammunition. If moving any propane tanks and/or lawn mowers, all their fuel must be emptied.
2 Weeks Before the Move
- Notify the Post Office to get change of address forms for each individual that receives mail at your address.
- Notify subscription services of the address change.
1 Week Before the Move
- Arrange for any cable TV to be disconnected and arrange for the connection of utilities in your new property.
The Day Before the Move
- Defrost, clean and dry refrigerators.
- Clean and prepare all other major appliances.
The Day of the Move
- Strip beds but leave them intact. The movers will be able to disassemble them.
- Tour your property with the movers to allow them to assess the shipment and determine the most appropriate routes from the property to the truck.
- Be available all day to answer questions, direct the location of your furniture and boxes, sign the bill of lading, etc.